Tuesday, August 18, 2009

CHOCOLATE-CARAMEL BACON CANDY

MORE BACON CANDY ?...
well, actually, i forgot about this batch. this was my first atempt so i know it looks a bit rugged. i, of course, made some real rookie candy makin' mistakes, but how can you really ruin something with 3 basic ingredients ?!...
my vision was long crispy strips of thick bacon, dipped in yummy chewy caramel, then dipped in chocolate...sounds cool, huh?
but they looked ugly 'cuz i had no idea what i was doing.
end result?...TASTY!!! definitely tasty...but have to work on the execution.
i won't bore you with a recipe, because what is it?...
get your favorite thick bacon and cook it up nice a crisp. i prefere the microwave method
make your carmel...i googled some recipes and just chose one (i'll try to find it)
dipp your bacon in the carmel and let cool on some buttered wax paper
***ok...this is where i made my 1st big WRONG!...i thought just wax paper would do...BUT APPARENETLY NOT !!!...my caramel stuck like glue. i had to pry each piece off, hence the reason for my bacon being in pieces.
anyway, after that...my 2nd mistake...
i have no idea how to work with chocolate, so i just melted some chips and dunked the carmel bacon bits in...i know for a fact there is a better consistancy to be made for dipping, but i didn't research and i had a bee in my bonnet to get these done.
so, like i said, ugly buggers, but tasty and fun and a good conversation piece.
i'll try again. i kept some the way they look in the photo, but then i had a "fix-it-idea"
YUMMMMM !!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks kind of amazing - i just thought you should know!

Karly said...

Oh my. My husband would loooooove this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...